Paying your rent

Paying your rent

Your rent is due monthly in advance to our managing agents Voisin-Hunter Ltd. You can pay your rent by either of the following methods:

  • Online (click here to visit their website)
  • By debit card telephoning 507777 or in person at the offices of Voisin-Hunter Ltd, 31-33 New Street, St Helier
  • By cheque addressed to the offices of Voisin-Hunter Ltd, 31-33 New Street, St Helier, JE2 3RA (please specify your name and property on the reverse of the cheque).
  • Bank transfer or standing order (download standing order form below)

Download a Standing Order form (size 24kb)​​

If paying by standing order please ensure that you specify your property reference for the payment. If you are unsure what your property reference is please contact Voisin-Hunter Ltd who will be able to advise you accordingly. Please note that standing order forms must be completed and returned to your bank.

If you are in receipt of Income Support we will request that the component for your rent be paid directly from Social Security to our agents, Voisin-Hunter Ltd.

It is important that you pay your rent in full and on time. We do understand that people can experience financial difficulties from time to time, however, should you experience any financial difficulties you must contact Voisin-Hunter Ltd before missing any payments. They will work with you to offer advice and arrange a suitable repayment plan which will help you to manage your rent account. They may also liaise directly with the Income Support team where appropriate.

If you do not keep up to date with your rental payments and fail to enter into an appropriate repayment plan it may result in the withdrawal of non-essential maintenance to your home and referral of the outstanding debt to the Petty Debts Court. You will also be refused for a transfer or home exchange.

Please note that if you fail to pay your rent when it is due and fail to enter into a repayment plan, you are putting your tenancy at risk and therefore may lead to you being evicted from the property.